A cup of inspiration and a pinch of rivalry... thats my recipe for cocktails and cameras.
Just like many other women in the world today, I am a model. And like those other women, I still have to work two jobs, go to school, audition, shoot and most of the time get nowhere.
I have shot with numerous photographers, most of them amazing and inspirational in their own right, and then some were creeps! Either way I took away something from every shoot. My hopes continue to grow and my dreams steadily become reality.
After taking the last year off to focus on me, I've decided 2009 is my year to make a name for myself. People do not have to look far when trying to find an image of me, they know my name, but slowly i'm fading, becoming just another model. I am determined to not let that happen.
The last couple of months, the motivation and inspiration to make a comeback were starting to build a fire in me, but something was missing. All it took was a text to Chip Willis and a trip to his blog and the missing piece started to fall into place. There, the first two images were that of Amber. My rival. Does she know shes my rival? Most likely. History is hard to forget. When I saw her, I knew I had to shoot. I had to come back and shine brighter than I ever have.
I have blogs. Two others to be exact. One that is private, a haven for only me, and the other is open to the public. It consists of my everyday life, drama included.
But this is my new blog, Cocktails & Cameras, my adventures of modeling. Yes it's true, the journey hasn't started yet, but I gurantee it wont be too long till my name is on everyone's mind again!
I am a model. I am Denyse Bui.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment